Poha Pulao is a simple and tasty recipe prepared with flattened rice and vegetables.
This is an instant recipe and can be prepared within less time.for this you need to soak the flattened rice for just 3-5 minutes.soaking time depends on the quality of poha.some poha gets mushy very quickly.so keep an eye while soaking.i have used organic red poha for this recipe.I soaked them for 7 minutes.to make this dish even faster you can boil the vegetables while soaking poha.this reduces the frying time.otherwise, you need to fry the vegetables until they become soft and tender.
you can use any vegetables of your choice. like,
bitter gourd, bottle gourd ¬ (just kidding ūüėČ ¬†) ¬†cauliflower,capsicum,french beans and mushrooms or paneer etc.it is usually served as breakfast in some place or as lunch in some places.tastes good without any accompaniment.
Text version of Poha pulao
- poha/atukulu/aval – 1 cup
- potato – 1 small
- carrot – 1
- onion – 1 small-sized
- fresh green peas – 1/4 cup
- mint leaves – 1 sprig
- green chillies – 1
- ginger garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
- coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- salt – as required
- oil – 2 or 3 tsp
- take 1 cup of poha/flattened rice in a bowl and pour water.
- soak for 3-5 minutes or until soft but not mushy.
- rinse well,strain out the water and keep aside.
- chop all the vegetables into small pieces and keep aside.
- heat 2 to 3 tsp of oil in a pan.
- add all the vegetables and fry until soft.
- here you can also boil the vegetables before cooking to make it even faster.
- add salt,mint leaves,1/4 ginger garlic paste and saut√© until the raw flavor disappears.
- add 1/4 tsp of garam masala and mix again.
- next add soaked poha/aval/atukulu and mix well.
- cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat and allow the poha to absorb all the flavors.
- add chopped coriander and turn off the heat.
Video version of Poha pulao