Text version of Prawns fry with curry leaves
Prawns fry with Curry leaves
Recipe Type: Main
- prawns – 300 grams
- curry leaves – 50 grams
- onion paste – 2 medium
- ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- green chillies – 4
- salt – to taste
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder -1 tsp
- coriander powder – 1tsp
- garam masala – a pinch
- desiccated coconut – 1/4 or 1/3 cup
- oil – for deep-frying curry leaves
- rinse curry leaves thoroughly and keep aside.
- heat oil for deep-frying.
- when the oil is hot add curry leaves and deep fry until crispy.
- take them into a plate and keep aside.
- heat oil in a pan,add onions paste and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw flavor goes away.
- add turmeric powder,salt,red chilli powder and mix well.
- add prawns and mix again.
- cover it and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.mix in between.
- open the lid after 10 minutes and give it a mix.
- add desiccated coconut powder,coriander powder and a pinch of garam masala.
- mix well and fry 2-3 minutes on low heat and keep on mixing.
- add crispy curry leaves and mix it up for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
Video version of Prawns fry with curry leaves