Rava Cake Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Semolina/Suji/Rava cake is very simple and easy to prepare. no cake mixers and hand blenders are required for this cake. it can be prepared using a pressure cooker and no oven is required. This cake is similar to Basbousa which is a traditional Middle Eastern Sweet Cake Recipe. the difference is that they add flavored sugar syrup after the cake is fully done. the cake absorbs the sweetness and flavor and tastes really good.
I used fine semolina flour to prepare this recipe. semolina/suji/Rava needs a little more moisture than usual. because semolina absorbs milk after mixing the batter. so you need to add milk little by little again until the batter turns semi pouring consistency.
I usually don’t like artificial flavors. so I didn’t add vanilla essence. added cardamom powder instead. you can add your desired flavor. lemon zest and orange zest are the other natural flavoring ingredients.
if you want to bake this cake in the oven then you need to pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. you need to check for every 5 minutes after 15 minutes of baking. do not the separate the cake from the cake tin until it cools down completely.it remains fresh up to 2 days. I hope you try and enjoy this easy Rava Cake recipe.
you may also like
Parle-G Biscuit Cake Recipe
Fruit Cake Recipe
Wheat Bran Cookies Recipe
Cheesy Veg Pizza Recipe
Orange and Coconut Cake Recipe
Butter Cookies Recipe
Banana Cake Recipe with Leftover Bread
Fried Maida Biscuits Recipe
Text Version of Rava Cake Recipe
- 225 grams or 1 ¼ cups Bombay Rava/Semolina
- 125 grams melted butter
- 125 grams or 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup or 25 grams desiccated coconut powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup or 250 ml milk
- A pinch yellow food color
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Take a mixing bowl, add melted butter, powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add baking powder, cardamom powder, food color and mix well.
- Add semolina/Rava and mix again.
- Pour milk little by little and mix until the batter turns into pouring consistency.
- Leave the batter for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Semolina absorbs the moisture and becomes hard.
- Pour milk and mix the batter again until it turns into semi pouring consistency.
- Grease the cake pan with butter and dust it with the flour.
- Pour the batter into the tin and add chopped nuts.
- Put a sand or salt layer in a pressure cooker and pre-heat for 5 minutes.
- Place the cake pan on the sand and cover it with the lid (remove the gasket).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool down. turn the cake upside down on a plate.