Andhra Chicken Fry recipe with step by step instructions. తెలుగు వెర్షన్
this is the most commonly prepared Sunday recipe in almost every household in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states.this spicy fry is usually served with hot rice and Miryiyaala charu ( pepper Rasam).but it can also be served with Rotis or Pulkas.
as it is a dry recipe, you don’t need to add any water.the moisture in the marinade is enough for the chicken to get cooked.you can increase or reduce the quantity of chili powder slightly according to your taste.I don’t know how others cook but I would really like to add a little ginger garlic paste at the end after adding the garam masala.doing this gives the recipe a nice flavor and taste.you can also add 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut powder and 1 tsp poppy seeds at the end.but you need to roast and powder them before adding.
after adding the masala and ginger garlic paste at the end, you need to keep mixing the curry on high flame.soon the gravy starts to stick to the bottom.let it stick just for 15 to 30 seconds and scrape with the spoon.doing so gives the fry a very nice taste.repeat the process until the curry becomes extremely dry.but make sure that you don’t let it over burn.squeeze out half a lemon after you dish out the fry and serve along with some chopped onions and nicely roasted cashew nuts.
squeeze out half a lemon after you dish out the fry and serve along with some chopped onions and nicely roasted cashew nuts.I hope you try and enjoy this recipe.
you may also like
ఈ recipe తెలుగు వెర్షన్ కొరకు ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
Text version of Spicy Andhra chicken fry
- 500 grams chicken
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt as needed
- 50 grams yogurt
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup roasted cashew nuts optional
- 2 green chilies
- rinse the chicken thoroughly and take it into a mixing bowl.
- marinate with 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp red chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, and yogurt.
- let the marinade rest for 30 minutes to one hour.
- heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and green chilies and fry them until they become soft.
- add salt, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw flavor is gone.
- add red chili powder 1 1/2 tbsp and mix it.
- put the chicken marinade and mix it for once.
- cover it with a lid and cook for 15 minutes on medium flame.mix in between.
- moisture in the marinade oozes out, so cook until it becomes dry.
- first, the moisture evaporates and later the oil starts to ooze out.
then, add coriander powder and garam masala.cook for 5 more minutes on high heat mixing continuously.
- turn off the heat, garnish with coriander leaves and roasted cashew nuts.