Mixed Vegetable Sambar Recipe with step by step instructions.Telugu Version.
we may get bored of eating any other recipe but not the Sambaar.it’s divine taste is like heaven.different people prepare this recipe in few different ways.I had also tried many ways but I felt this method easy.I got this recipe from my sister Sasi.my husband and daughter like this recipe so much.I prepare this once in a week.the leftover sambar can be stored refrigerator and used on the next day.I use to add a little jaggery to the leftover sambar and use it for breakfast recipes like idli, dosa, and vadas.it tastes good even with sooji upma also.
this recipe goes well with fish fry, chicken fry, tindora fry, okra fry and chicken biryani.my favorite combination is with biryani.I didn’t know this combination before.but once when I came to Telangana my food habits changed a lot.if you are listening to this for the first time then you should definitely try the combination.you can also use lemon instead of tamarind.but you need to squeeze out the juice after you turn off the stove.if you are using lemon juice you need to use it on the same day within 10 hours.sour green mangoes can also be used instead of tamarind.I hope you try and enjoy this recipe.
you may also like
Vakkaya Pappu Recipe/Pickle Berry Dal Recipe
Hyderabadi Mutton Dalcha Recipe
Ulavacharu/Horsegram Soup Recipe
Pachi Pulusu/Raw Tamarind Rasam Recipe
Dondakaya Fry Recipe
Bendakaya/Okra/Ladies Finger Fry Recipe
- 1 cup or 200 grams Tur dal/Kandi Pappu
- 1 liter water approximately
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 15 to 20 grams tamarind
- 200 ml water
- 1 big onion thinly sliced
- 3 green chilies vertically slit
- 1 carrot
- 1 drumstick
- 1 tomato
- 200 grams bottle gourd
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder slightly crushed
- 1 tsp sambar powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- rinse Tur dal for 2-3 times.
- pour water up to 2 cms above the level of Tur dal.
- add turmeric powder, cover the pan with the lid and cook up to 5-6 whistles.
- soak the tamarind in water for 15 minutes.
- squeeze out the water through a strainer.
- repeat the process until the tamarind turns into pulp.
- mash the cooked dal until smooth.
- mix the dal with tamarind juice.add 1-litre water again and mix well.
- heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chilies and fry until they splutter.
- add all the vegetables(except tomato), salt and cook until they become tender.
- later, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, tomato and mix well.
- add dal&tamarind juice mixture, mix well and bring to a boil.
- once it starts to boil, add sambar powder, slightly crushed pepper powder, ghee and mix well.
- boil for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- add chopped coriander and turn off the flame