Pachi Pulusu Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Pachi Pulusu is a stew made with tamarind juice, onions, dried red chilies, cumin seeds, curry leaves and jaggery. no heating is required for this recipe except for tempering. it is mostly prepared in the states of Telangana and Andhra. the ingredients used for tempering may change from place to place. some people add mustard seeds, garlic, and green chilies to the tempering. Jaggery is not used in some Telangana regions. jaggery is used to neutralize the tangy taste of tamarind.green chilies are used instead of red chilies in some regions.
In olden days tamarind juice is used for easing stomach discomfort and indigestion problems. but I think later it was modified as Pachi pulusu so that we can take it willingly. this goes well with all dal recipes and khichdi. My favorite one is with Aloo fry. the combination tastes amazing.it almost tastes like Aloo chat.
you may also like
Vakkaya Pappu/pickle berry dal recipe
Urad dal vada/Minapa Garelu
Mixed Vegetable Sambar Recipe
Thotakura Pesarapappu Recipe
Cabbage Moong Dal Fry Recipe
Arbi Fry Recipe
Thotakura Pesarapappu/Amaranthus Moong Dal Fry Recipe
Text version of Pachi Pulusu
- 25 grams tamarind
- 2 onions
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 dried red chilies
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- lemon-sized jaggery
- salt as needed
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 500 ml water
- soak 25 grams of tamarind in water for 15 minutes.
- take a bowl with a strainer on it.
- squeeze out the tamarind juice out by adding little water at a time until you finish off with water.
- or you can simply add 2 tbsp of tamarind paste to 500 ml of water.
- add salt as needed, a lemon-sized jaggery and two medium-sized chopped onions and mix well.
- heat a pan, add 1 tbsp of oil.
- add dried red chilies, cumin seeds and fry until crispy.
- add curry leaves and fry until they stop spluttering.
- pour the oil into tamarind juice separating the ingredients.
- put them in a mortar and pound them coarsely.
- add it to the tamarind juice and mix well.