Veg Haleem Recipe with step by step instructions.Telugu Version.
I prepared this haleem with soy granules.the taste was really amazing.I prepare Haleem on every Ramadan at least once.I prepared mutton and chicken haleem but never prepared veg haleem before.this is the first time I made this recipe.it turned really good.it could be a feast for vegetarians and non-vegetarians could hardly recognize that it’s veg haleem.because it tastes exactly like mutton haleem.
this recipe seems to be hard because of its ingredients.but it can be prepared very easily within one hour.i’m sure that this recipe will serve the need of haleem lovers who don’t have any source to get it from outside.I had sent some haleem to my husband’s colleagues.they really loved it and I received best compliments from them.
Haleem is a high-calorie dish which helps maintain the nutritional balance during Ramzan fasting.fruits, dates, nuts and some high-calorie foods are taken soon after ending the fast.those foods give instant energy.coming to the recipe, you need to prepare the haleem mix first.then boil the soya granules.assemble all the ingredients and cook on slow heat.it hardly takes one hour to finish the entire process.I hope you try and enjoy the recipe.
you may also like
ఈ recipe తెలుగు వెర్షన్ కొరకు ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
- 1/3 cup broken wheat/Dalia
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 tbsp tur dal
- 1/2 tbsp chana dal
- 6 almonds
- 6 cashew nuts
- 6 pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals
- 6 cloves
- 6 cardamoms
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 2 inch cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp shahi jeera
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 500 ml water
- 1/2 cup soy granules
- 1 1/2 cup water
- salt as per the taste
- 1/2 cup coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup mint
- 1/3 cup fried onions
- 5 green chilies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp garam masala spices mixed
- 600 ml water
- salt as required
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup fried onions
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1 lemon
- grind broken wheat, oats, tur dal, chana dal, almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, dried rose petals, cloves, cinnamon, shahi jeera, cumin seeds into a fine powder.
- take the haleem mix into a bowl, pour 500 ml water, mix well and keep aside.
- rinse soya granules for 2 to 3 times.
- add 1 1/2 cups of water, salt as required and bring to a boil.
- boil for 3 minutes from the boiling point and turn off the flame.
- strain out the water and rinse the granules under running water for 2-3 times.
- squeeze out the water completely and keep aside.
- take a heavy bottomed pot and melt 1/2 cup of ghee.
- add whole gram masala spices (cloves, cinnamon, cardamom), peppercorns, raisins and saute for a minute.
- add fried onion, ginger garlic paste, vertically slit green chilies, salt as needed and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- stir the soaked haleem mix for once and pour it into the pot.
- add 500 ml to 600 ml water again and mix well.
- taste it for salt and add if required.
- add chopped coriander, mint leaves and combine well.
- cook for 20 to 25 minutes low heat.mix in between.
- take the haleem into a serving plate.
- add 1 tbsp ghee.
- add chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves, put some fried onions and a lemon wedge and serve hot.
Video Version of Veg Haleem Recipe