Tadka idli is very quick and easy to prepare breakfast recipe or a snack item. if you have any leftover idlis you can save them till evening and prepare these tempered idlis as a snack item.it can be served without any accompaniment. Spongy texture,tempting color,tangy taste, crunchy peanuts and a little spiciness makes this dish Irresistible.keep on cooking…enjoy… 🙂
Text version of Tadka idli
- Idlis – 4 nos
- mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- spilt black gram – 1/2 tsp
- split bengal gram – 1/2 tsp
- roasted peanuts – 1/4 cup
- cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
- red chillies – 1
- chopped coriander leaves – 1tbsp
- sliced green chillies -3
- curry leaves – 1 sprig
- lemon – 1
- salt – as needed
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- oil – 3 tsp
- take idlis and cut them into nice cubes.
- heat a pan,add oil.
- when the oil is hot,add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,split black gram,split bengal gram/chana dal,roasted peanuts,cashew nuts,red chillies and saute until
- they turn into nice brown color.
- add sliced green chillies,curry leaves and fry until they stop spluttering.
- next add salt,turmeric powder and mix well.
- add cubed idlis,mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- squeeze lemon juice and mix properly.
- add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
Video version of Tadka Idli