Okra are high in fiber,vitamin A,vitamin c and Magnesium etc. So try to make it as a part of your regular diet.
I’m too lazy to wash and clean okra. if you cook freshly cut okra, the recipe will become gummy. but don’t worry, add 1 tbsp of yogurt and the gum gets disappeared. The best way i suggest is to clean and cut them before night. pat them dry before you cut. after cutting them into pieces spread them over the paper or a dry cloth overnight. you won’t get any gum while cooking on the next day. please don’t ask me the physics or chemistry behind it. you can also keep them in refrigerator after cutting.
Here in this recipe i told to whip the yogurt before using it. if you don’t whisk it will curdle. however there would be no change in the taste. but the texture of the bhindi korma will be odd. try and enjoy the recipe.
Text version of Bhindi Korma
- green chillies-2
- ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- turmeric powder-1/4 tbsp
- red chilli powder-1 1/2 tbsp
- coriander powder-1 tbsp
- whipped yogurt-1 cup
- garam masala-1/2 tbsp
- coriander leaves-1/4 cup
- salt-to taste
- oil-10 to 12 tbsp appx
- heat oil in a pan, fry okra until they become soft.
- take them out of the pan and keep them aside.
- add chopped onions and green chillies,saute until they become transparent.
- add ginger garlic paste,saute till the raw flavor goes away.
- add turmeric powder,red chilli powder and coriander powder, mix it well.
- add chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- when the tomato gravy becomes thick, add fried okra and mix them.
- cook for 5 minutes on medium flame then add whipped yogurt.
- cook till the oil oozes out.
- add garam masala,mix it up and cook for 2 more minutes.
- add coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
video version of Bhindi Korma
Leave a Reply