Tender tamarind leaves chutney is a seasonal chutney as the leaves are available in spring season only. this is my mother’s favorite chutney.she used to grind this chutney in mortar.this chutney is called Chinta Chiguru pachadi in telugu. In Andhra and Telangana regions people use Tender tamarind leaves to cook different varieties of recipes including non-vegetarian recipes.tender tamarind leaves cooked with chicken,prawns,fish and mutton are very popular recipes here. other combinations with chinta chiguru are chinta chiguru brinjal curry,chinta chiguru kandi(tuvar dal) chutney,chinta chiguru pulihora,chinta chiguru dal recipe etc..
Tender tamarind leaves has many medicinal and nutritional values.so it’s better to use tender tamarind leaves rather than using tamarind when available.If you have a lot of leaves you can store them. for that you need rinse them thoroughly.dry them under sun light,powder them and store in an air-tight container for later use.
Tender tamarind leaves are available only in spring season.so nobody here will miss a chance to taste the recipes made with tamarind leaves.this tender tamarind leaves chutney tastes good when served with hot rice and ghee or fresh butter. try and enjoy the recipe….
Text version of Tender tamarind leaves chutney
- tender tamarind leaves-100g
- peanuts – 25 g
- garlic cloves – 6
- cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- dried red chillies – 15
- oil – 3 tablespoons
- rinse tamarind leaves thoroughly under running water.
- put them in a strainer to strain out excess water.
- heat oil in a pan.
- when the oil is hot add dried red chillies,peanuts and cumin seeds.
- fry until the dried red chillies become crispy and nicely roasted.
- take them into a bowl,keep aside and let them cool down to room temperature.
- still you will have some oil remaining in the pan. so you don’t to add oil again.
- add tender tamarind leaves and fry them for 4-5 minutes or until they become soft.
- keep aside and let them cool down.
- next take a chutney grinder jar,add roasted dried red chillies,peanuts,cumin seeds,garlic cloves,salt and grind them.
- add tamarind leaves and grind again.
- if the chutney becomes very thick you can add little hot water and bring it to semi thick consistency.
Video version of Tender tamarind leaves chutney
Leave a Reply