Butter cookies are very quick and easy. tasty and tempting snack item.I used egg for this cookies.but you skip adding eggs.
I make cookies very often. they are my daughter’s favorite. so this time I have decided to post the recipe. I baked this Butter cookies for 20 mins at 180 °centigrade. but 15 minutes of baking is enough for them. the difference is ,they will be little soft and white in color. first I baked them for 15 minutes.the following is the picture.
whenever I shoot a video , I send the picture of final output of the recipe( taken with my mobile) to Sachin(my husband) while he is in office. he is a critic for my recipes. this time also I sent him the picture through Whatsapp. He replied me “Darling Idlis are very nice,but where is the chutney”. Ohhhh! I growled at him and baked them for 5 more minutes. but i chuckled at his comment…..keep cooking…keep smiling….enjoy …. 🙂
Text version of Butter cookies
- All purpose flour/maida – 200 grams
- powdered sugar – 100 grams
- baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg -1
- vanilla essence – 1/4 teaspoon
- unsalted butter – 60 grams
- take a mixing bowl,add all-purpose flour,powdered sugar,baking powder and mix well.
- add butter and mix again.
- break an egg into a bowl,beat it for two minutes.
- add vanilla essence to beaten egg and mix again.
- pour the egg beat into flour.
- knead the flour into a soft dough.
- pre-heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- meanwhile divide the dough into equal parts(lemon sized) and press them into thick flat round shape and place them on a baking tray.
- bake them for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Video version of Butter cookies