Chicken cheese balls is a tasty and easy appetizer.In this recipe,minced chicken is seasoned with some herbs & spices and made into lemon-sized balls. cut cheese cubes are placed on the flattened chicken balls,covered and then coated with egg white and breadcrumbs.These balls are deep-fried in oil.Here are some suggestions that might help you while deep-frying.
- heat oil on medium flame before adding the balls.if you heat on high flame the outer part of the cheese balls turns into brown color immediately.
- fry the cheese balls on low heat.otherwise the outer part seems to be cooked but remains raw inside.
- do not overcook the cheese balls,otherwise the cheese may burst out from the balls.
you can add the seasonings of your choice and can slightly change the taste of the cheese balls.can add a mashed potato rather than adding corn flour but may absorb little oil.i always use Olive Pomace Oil for deep-frying as it has very low smoke point and can be reused.
Text version of Chicken cheese balls
- For preparing the mixture
- minced chicken – 300 grams
- salt – as required
- red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- white pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- dried basil – 1/4 tsp
- dried parsley – 1/4 tsp
- dried rosemary – 1/4 tsp
- chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- chopped mint leaves – 1 tbsp
- chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- chopped green chillies – 1 tsp
- corn flour – 3 or 4 tbsp
- For coating the cheese balls
- breadcrumbs – 1/2 cup
- egg whites – 2
- oil – to grease the palms
- For frying
- oil – for deep-frying
- take 300 grams of boneless chicken.rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- mince the chicken using a food processor.
- take the minced chicken into a mixing bowl.
- add salt,red chilli powder,white pepper powder,dried basil,rosemary,parsley,chopped ginger,chopped garlic,corn flour and mix well.
- divide the mixture into equal portions.i made 10 balls out of the mixture.
- take 100 grams of cheese and cut into 10 cubes.
- apply little oil on your palms.
- take a chicken ball,flatten it,place a cheese cube on it,close and make like a ball again.
- repeat the process.
- take 1/2 of breadcrumbs and 2 egg whites.
- dip each cheese ball in egg white first and then in breadcrumbs.
- heat oil on medium flame for deep-frying.
- when the oil is hot,drop the balls into the oil carefully.
- fry on low heat until they turn into nice golden brown color.
Video version of Chicken cheese balls
What cheese have you used in this? Is it cheddar cheese or parmesan or mozarella?
Sabrina, I have used Mozzarella cheese……. 🙂