I have prepared Lamb chops this weekend.the taste was outstanding.the meat was very tender,juicy and spicy and tasted almost like pathar ka gosht recipe. for the best results you need to soak the marinade overnight or at least for 4-5 hours before cooking.i always like the pan-fried ones than the grilled.you can also grill them for 20-25 minutes at 180°C. brush with olive oil in between to retain the moisture in the chops.
I have used chinese 5 spice powder for marination which consists of fennel seeds,cloves,cinnamon,black peppercorns and star anise.you can adjust all the seasonings according to your taste.this tastes amazing when served with vegetable salad and green chutney.
you may also like Mutton Dalcha , Mutton Kaju Masala gravy , Methi mutton curry……
Text version of Lamb chops
- lamb leg chops – 2
- yogurt – 1/2 cup
- salt – as required
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chilii powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- white pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- medium-sized lemon – 1
- garlic paste – 1 tsp
- fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- cloves – 3
- star anise – 2 petals of a flower
- cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- olive oil – 5 to 6 tsp
- roast fennel seeds,cinnamon,cloves,star anise,black pepper corns for a minute and make them into fine powder.
- take a mixing bowl,add salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,cardamom powder,special spice powder,white pepper powder,garlic paste,yogurt,3 to 4 tsps of olive oil and mix well.
- add lamb leg chops to the marinade and mix gently.
- refrigerate the marinade overnight.
- bring the marinade to room temperature before using.
- heat a grill pan,add 3 to 4 tsp of olive oil.
- place the lamb leg chops carefully.
- fry for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- flip them and fry for 5 minutes.
- flip them back to the other side.
- cover and cook for 12 – 15 minutes on medium heat.
- turn off the flame and serve hot with any vegetable salad.
Video version of Lamb chops
masala fish fry recipe
Hi thanks for sharing this post, its very useful i am very impressed with you
you are welcome….. 🙂