Dry prawns Ridge gourd curry is a tasty recipe in which dried prawns are the main ingredient.Some people don’t like the smell of dried prawns and I used to be one of them. I didn’t even like to taste the recipes made with them until one day I tasted the dry prawns brinjal curry at my aunt’s house.from then onwards we started eating dry prawns.
cleaning is very important for dried prawns.if you don’t have enough time to clean them you can buy cleaned dry prawns at super market.For cleaning – first thing is to remove the head part & legs . then rinse thoroughly under running water using a strainer to get rid of sand or dirt. next you need to boil them for 5 minutes and strain out the water.at this stage the prawns will become little tender.you can cook them with vegetables like ridge gourd,yellow cucumber,brinjal,tomatoes and boiled eggs. Dry prawns with boiled eggs fry is my favorite among them.keep cooking and enjoy… 🙂
Text version of Dry prawns Ridge gourd curry
- dry prawns – 30 grams
- ridge gourd(peeled & chopped) – 450 grams
- chopped onions – 2 medium
- chopped green chillies – 2
- salt – as required
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- oil – 3 teaspoons
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- clean dry prawns and rinse under running water thoroughly.
- take them into a microwave safe bowl,add water and microwave 5 minutes.
- or you can boil on flame directly for 5 minutes.
- strain out the water from dry prawns and keep aside.
- heat oil in a vessel,add chopped onions and green chillies and sauté until soft.
- add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- add salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder.
- add boiled dry prawns,mix well and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- add chopped ridge gourd pieces,mix well,cover it and cook for 20 minutes on simmer.
- mix in between.
- open the lid,add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
Video version of Dry prawns Ridge gourd curry
Leave a Reply