Text version of Masala Buttermilk
Masala Buttermilk – how to prepare masala chaas at home
Recipe Type: Drinks
- Yogurt – 500 grams
- chilled water – 500ml
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- chopped curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- chopped green chilli – 1
- mint leaves – 1 sprig
- chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- lemon – 1
- salt – as needed
- dry roasted jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
- dry roasted fenugreek/methi powder – 1/4 tsp
- ice cubes – optional
- take yogurt into a large deep bowl.
- mix yogurt with hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- add water and churn for 2-3 minutes.
- add chopped coriander leaves,curry leaves,mint leaves,green chilli,ginger,jeera/cumin powder,fenugreek/methi powder and salt.
- squeeze a lemon.
- churn the buttermilk for about 3-5 minutes.
- use a strainer to separate the herbs and spices from the buttermilk.
- add ice cubes and serve chilled.
Video version of Masala Buttermilk
Leave a Reply