Text version of Mutton Drumstick curry
Mutton Drumstick curry – munagakada mamsam kura
Recipe Type: Main
Cuisine: SOUTH INDIAN
- mutton – 500 grams
- drumsticks – 3
- finely chopped onions – 2 medium-sized
- chopped green chillies – 3
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- dried red chilli powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- salt – as per taste
- oil – 4 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- rinse mutton and keep aside.
- rinse drumsticks and cut them into pieces,if they are fresh and tender you don’t need to scrape the skin.
- heat a pressure pan,add oil.
- when the oil is hot,add chopped onions,green chillies and sauté till they become translucent.
- add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor is gone.
- add salt,turmeric powder,dried red chilli powder,coriander powder.
- add mutton,mix well cover it with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- open the lid,add chopped tomatoes,water and mix it up.
- put the pressure pan lid and cook up to 5-6 whistles.
- wait till the pressure is gone.
- open the lid and put it on the flame again.
- add drumsticks,cover it cook until the drumsticks are perfectly cooked and till they absorb the gravy.
- add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
Mutton drumstick curry with Jowar Rotis