Ripe red chilli chicken khurma or Pandu mirchi chicken khurma is a restaurant style curry with rich gravy.It tastes amazing when served with butter naans or rotis.i didn’t use red chilli powder but you can add it( 1 tsp for half kg chicken) while sauteing onions.it wasn’t too spicy as it seems.but it may be spicy if you use thin variety ripe red chillies.hope you will enjoy this recipe….
Text version of Ripe red chilli chicken khurma
- For gravy paste
- ripe red chillies – 6
- onions – 2
- tomatoes -2
- For Curry
- chicken – 500 grams
- chopped onions – 1
- sliced green chillies – 3
- cloves – 3
- cinnamon – 1/4 inch
- cardamoms – 3
- salt – to taste
- curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- whipped yogurt – 1/2 cup
- water – 1 cup
- garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- oil – 4 tbsp
- cut ripe red chillies,onions and tomatoes into pieces.
- put them in grinder jar, make into fine paste and keep aside.
- heat a vessel and pour oil.
- add whole garam masala(cardamoms,cloves,cinnamon).
- add chopped onions,curry leave and fry until soft.
- add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes or till the raw flavor disappears.
- add chicken,turmeric powder and mix well.
- cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.mix in between.
- add coriander powder,whipped yogurt and cook for 2 minutes.
- next add gravy paste,one cup of water,garam masala and mix it up.
- cook until the gravy thickens or till the oil oozes out.
- add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
Video version of Ripe red chilli chicken khurma