Betel Leaf Pakodas Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Betel leaves are rich in calcium, phosphorous and iron.used on all auspicious occasions, rituals, and ceremonies in India.
While we were going to our farmland near vijayawada, we found a Betel leaf plantation on the way. We stopped and spent some time over there. When we were heading back, the farmers gave me a big bunch of Betel leaves.
these leaves are used in making Paans,Betel leaf Pakodas,Betel leaf rasam etc….The last one i.e Betel leaf rasam is very good for health beacuse it can be taken when suffering from cough and cold.It’s me…..at Betel leaf plantation.In the following recipe Betel leaf pakodas, i used the leaves picked from here..
ఈ రెసిపీ తెలుగు వెర్షన్ కొరకు ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
Text version of Betel leaf Pakodas
- betel leaves-12
- chickpea flour-1 cup
- carom seeds(ajwain)-1 tbsp
- baking soda-a pinch
- salt-to taste
- water-1/2 cup appx
- oil-for deep fry
- rinse betel leaves thoroughly.Take leaves at a time and cut them on one end and sides.
- heat oil in a kadai on a medium flame.
- meanwhile take a bowl,add chickpea flour,ajwain seeds,salt and prepare a medium consistency batter by adding enough water.
- dip betel leaves in the batter.
- when the oil is ready drop the leaves slowly.
- fry them both sides till they turn into golden brown colour.
Leave a Reply