Moong dal dosa or pesarattu is a popular Andhra breakfast recipe,usually served with suji upma,sweet ginger chutney and coconut or peanut chutney.
whenever we go to vijayawada(Andhra pradesh),i definitely would like to eat this.There in hotels they used to roast this moong dal dosa with butter.And they also add some chopped ginger,cumin seeds and onions to it and served in a plate with a banana leaf.Imagine!very hot dosa on banana leaf. The moment when i eat this i feel like,heaven.don’t mind even if i die the next moment.
This is not only tasty but also very healthy.I prefer using them with skin as it also holds lot of nutrients.Green gram is a rich source of potassium,Dietary fiber,Magnesium,iron and what not.you can also use sprouted moongdal to prepare batter for this recipe.which is more healthier.
Text version of Moong dal dosa
- moong dal – 200 grams
- rice-1/2 cup
- green chillies – 4
- ginger-1 inch pieces
- cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- Take 1 cup of moong dal,1/2 a cup of brown rice and soak them in water overnight.
- rinse soaked green gram thoroughly.Put them in a mixer jar.
- add jeera,green chillies,ginger and salt.
- pour water just upto the level of moong dal and grind it.
- put little oil on the pan add onions ,chillies,
- ginger,and cumin seeds, saute them for a minute and
- take them out of the pan.
- take a spoonful of batter , spread it over the pan.
- pour oil around it.
- you can see the dosa separating(edges) itself from the pan.
- flip it and add fried onions,green chillies & ginger.
- finally put some ghee or clarified butter and fold it to dosa.
Leave a Reply