Text version of Fruit phirni
Fruit phirni – how to prepare phirni
Recipe Type: Dessert
- For Phirni
- basmati rice – 1/3 cup
- milk – 750 ml
- sweetened condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- sugar – as needed
- cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- ghee/clarified butter – 1 tsp
- blanced and chopped almonds – 10
- pistchios – 10
- cashewnuts – 10
- raisins – 10
- For serving
- strawberry sauce – as required(optional)
- sliced grapes – 1/3 cup
- chopped apple – 1/3 cup
- chopped banana – 1/2 fruit
- pomogrenate seeds – 1/3 cup
- chopped nuts – 1/4 cup
Soaking Basmati rice
- take 1/3 cup of basmati/long grained rice in a bowl.
- pour water and soak for 30 minutes.
- after 30 minutes,rinse throughly.take the rice into a grinder jar.
- make rice into a fine paste adding little water and keep aside.
- take a heavy bottomed vessel and pour 750 ml of milk into it.
- bring the milk to a boil.
- when the milk starts to boil,add 1/2 of sweetened condensed milk.
- keep strirring while adding the condensed milk.
- add soaked rice paste and mix well.
- add sugar if needed,cardamom powder,ghee/clarified butter,mix well and cook until thick.
- add raisins,blanched and chopped almonds,cashews,pisatchios and turn off the heat.
- let it cool down to room temperature.
- later refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Garnishing and Serving Fruit phirni
- take out the phirni from refrigerator,add all the fruits mentioned above or any other fruits of your choice.
- take a serving bowl,pour strawberry sauce and swirl so the sauce sticks to the sides of the bowl.
- add 2-3 spoonfuls of fruit phirni and level it with spoon.
- garnish with some fruits and nuts again and serve chilled.
Video version of Fruit phirni