Rava dosa recipe with step by step instructions
it is very easy to prepare instant breakfast recipe.no soaking, grinding are involved.most of the people would like to eat Rava dosa in hotels than at home.this might be because they don’t get crispy, porous dosas.you need to follow few tips in order to get nice dosas.
1.your batter should be free flowing or in pouring consistency i.e it should be watery.literally, it should look like thin buttermilk.
2.mix the batter each time you make dosa as the rava settles down at the bottom very quickly.
3.use flat tawa/pan….otherwise the batter runs down to the center of the pan and it comes out thick in the middle and thin at the edges.
4.avoid using the spoon to spread the batter.just sprinkle the batter on the pan with hand to get porous dosas.
5.make sure that you do not add excess yogurt than required or you won’t get crispy dosas.
you may also like
Text version of Rava dosa
- suji/semolina/cream of wheat – 1/2 cup
- rice flour – 1/2 cup
- maida/all-purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- yogurt – 1 tbsp
- chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- chopped green chili – 1
- curry leaves – 1 sprig
- finely chopped onion – 1 small
- water – enough
- oil – 6 tsp
- take a mixing bowl, add rice flour, semolina/sooji/cream of wheat, maida/all-purpose flour, cumin seeds, chopped ginger, coriander, curry leaves, yogurt, salt to taste and mix well.
- keep adding water until the batter becomes to a pouring consistency.
- leave the batter for 5 minutes.
- it becomes little thick as the flours absorb water.
- so add water and make into buttermilk consistency.
- heat a flat pan.
- mix the batter very well before making each dosa.
- pour the batter into the pan with a small bowl.
- do not try to fill the gaps on dosa.leave it porous.
- sprinkle oil on dosa and roast until it turns into a nice golden brown color or the edges start to separate from the pan.
Video version of Rava dosa