It is very important to give Protein rich food for growing children.I prepared this health mix powder recipe using Nuts,cereals and pulses. This powder is a healthy and nutritious powder for kids. My daughter was born underweight (1.4 kg). she was very weak and had no growth. we were so much worried about her. but after 6 months when we started feeding her with solids..my mother prepared this powder for her grand-daughter. she used to make porridge with that powder and feed her regularly. for the first few days she rejected the porridge. but slowly she started eating it.
Proteins are the building blocks of our body.keeps immune system strong,We need 0.8 g of protein per kilogram of our body weight. and this recipe is rich in PROTEINS and mineral MAGNESIUM.Sesame seeds are very good source of CALCIUM.It is a perfect diet for growing children.
You can use this powder in different ways. if you want use this for a toddler , you can prepare porridge with this powder.or you can prepare laddus by adding some sugar and ghee/clarified butter. or you can use dates syrup to make laddus to make it more healthier.To know how to prepare porridge with this health mix powder,click on the following link Making porridge with Health Mix Powder.
Text version of Health mix powder
- black gram(urad dal) – 200 g
- green gram(moong dal)- 150 g
- sesame seeds – 150 g
- almonds – 100 g
- cashew nuts – 100 g
- walnuts – 100 g
- pistachio – 100 g
- oats – 150 g
- barley – 150 g
- finger millets flour – 500 g
- soya flour – 200 g
- cardamoms – 10
- dry roast black gram until you feel a nice flavor or till they turn light brown color.
- dry roast green gram for 3-4 minutes.
- also dry roast barley and oats.
- next roast all the nuts together for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- leave all the roasted ingredients for some time and bring them to room temperature.
- take black gram into a blender,make it into a fine powder.
- repeat the process with green green gram,barley and oats.
- put sesame seeds in blender and run it for just 5-7 seconds.
- repeat the same with all the nuts.
- put all the powders in a bowl.
- add finger millet flour and soya flour.
- mix them well.
- store the powder in an air tight container.
- if the quantity is more than 500 grams keep the container in refrigerator.
- otherwise you will get some sort oily or fusty smell after few days.
- If you have enough space in your refrigerator you can prepare more than 500 grams otherwise prepare it in small quantities.
Video version of Health mix powder