I prepare Porridge with health mix powder daily for my daughter. She likes it very much.since 10 years I’m giving it regularly . she is hyperactive and has good immunity. I’m using this powder since she was a toddler.we had never gone to the hospital except for her vaccinations.
video version of this recipe was already published on Youtube almost a year ago. some viewers asked me “what is the correct time to give it?” My answer is –give it as Supper rather than breakfast.your kid will get tired by evening as she/he plays all the day. then they will eat whatever you give.If you give it at night-time it may lead to indigestion.
Some viewers asked me “My baby is picky eater.what should i do?”
usually toddlers refuse to eat whatever we give. Even my daughter didn’t like to eat. My mother suggested me not to feed them when their stomach is already full. give it to her when she is extremely hungry.tell her that one spoon is for you another spoon is for her.act like you are eating.slowly they will like eating it. what all you need is ,Just a little Patience.
Not only kids ,any sick persons can also take this porridge for fast recovery.Children of age below 14 years need more proteins than others. As this is a protein rich food i suggested it for children .but anyone can eat it to maintain a healthy diet.
Please visit the link how to prepare Health Mix powder
Text version of Porridge with health mix powder
- Ingredients for preparing Health mix powder
- black gram(urad dal) – 200g
- green gram(moong dal)- 150g
- sesame seeds – 150g
- almonds – 100g
- cashew nuts – 100g
- walnuts – 100g
- pistachio – 100g
- oats – 150g
- barley – 150g
- finger millets flour – 500g
- soya flour – 200g
- cardamoms – 10
- Ingredients for preparing Porridge
- health mix powder – 1/4 cup for one serving
- milk – 100 ml
- water – 150 ml
- dry roast black gram until you feel a nice flavor or till they turn light brown color.
- dry roast green gram for 3-4 minutes.
- also dry roast barley and oats.
- next roast all the nuts together for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- leave all the roasted ingredients for some time and bring them to room temperature.
- take black gram into a blender,make it into a fine powder.
- repeat the process with green gram,barley and oats.
- put sesame seeds in blender and run it for just 5-7 seconds.
- repeat the same with all the nuts.
- put all the powders in a bowl.
- add finger millet flour and soya flour.
- mix them well.
- store the powder in an air tight container.
- if the quantity is more than 500 grams keep the container in refrigerator.
- otherwise you will get some sort oily or fusty smell after few days.
- If you have enough space in your refrigerator you can prepare more than 500 grams otherwise prepare it in small quantities.
- put a saucepan on the heat.
- add 100 ml of milk.
- dilute milk by adding 150 ml of water.
- add health mix powder,sugar and keep stirring continuously until you get porridge consistency.
Video version of Porridge with health mix powder