Hotel Style Poori Curry Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
This Besan Poori curry is also called as Bombay chutney.I really don’t know that this recipe is called Bombay chutney until my Grand Father told me.he told me while I was writing content this morning.This is recipe is originated in Maharashtra.this recipe is adapted by us with few changes.mashed potatoes are added to this recipe in all Andhra and Telangana Hotels.I don’t know about the other south Indian states.
onions and besan are main ingredients for this recipe.you can also add mashed potatoes for extra taste.but you need to use it within 1 to 2 hours in summer and 3-5 hours in cold weathers.this recipe turns rancid very quickly in hot weathers.It goes well with Pooris, Chapati, Pulka etc.I hope you try and enjoy this recipe.
you may also like
Text Version of Hotel Style Poori Curry Recipe
- 1 medium potato
- 1 big onion thinly sliced
- 2 green chilies
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp besan
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Chana Dal
- 1 dried red chili
- 3 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt as required
- 4 tsp oil
- Boil a medium-sized potato and keep aside.
- Mix tbsp Besan with ¼ cup water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, Chana dal, dried red chilies and sauté until they stop spluttering.
- Add thinly sliced onions, green chilies, mix well and sauté they turn transparent.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chopped ginger, curry leaves, mashed potato(boiled) and mix well.
- Pour water, mix well, cover and cook until the gravy turns mushy.
- Add besan water and mix well.
- Cover and cook until the gravy turns thick.
- Add chopped coriander and turn off the flame.
Video Version of Hotel Style Poori Curry Recipe