Ragi Dosa recipe with step by step instructions.
Ragi dosa or finger millet dosa is a healthy South Indian breakfast recipe. it’s a good time-saving breakfast recipe for busy working people and for the bachelors.this is an instant recipe.the prepared batter can be used immediately.no soaking, grinding and fermenting are required to prepare the batter.
to get the perfect, crispy and tasty dosa you need to prepare the batter properly.it should be in flowy consistency.i.e it should almost be like water.otherwise you may not get porous and crispy dosas.adding chopped onions, ginger, chilies, coriander leaves enhances the taste.This recipe tastes good when served with Onion chutney [Ulli kaaram] or tomato chutney or can have without any accompaniment.
do not store the mixed batter for the next day.it’s better to use it on the same day within 1 or 2 hours after preparing.I have added semolina to the batter for the crispiness.Finger millets contain the amino acid methionine which helps in natural weight loss. They are gluten free and rich source of calcium.try and enjoy…
you may also like Rava Dosa
Text version of Ragi dosa
- ragi flour(finger millet flour) – 1 cup
- rice flour – 1/4 cup
- suji(semolina) – 1/4 cup
- buttermilk – 1 cup
- cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- green chilies – 2
- chopped onion – 1 medium-sized
- chopped coriander – 1/8 cup
- baking soda – a pinch
- salt – to taste
- water – as required
- take a bowl, add finger millet flour, rice flour, suji.
- add cumin seeds, chopped ginger, chopped green chilies, chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- add semi thick buttermilk and mix it.
- keep adding water until you get a nice and flowy batter.
- leave the batter for 15-30 minutes.
- mix the batter well before you use it.
- heat up the pan, pour the batter with the ladle and spread into a round shape.
- roast it properly on a medium flame.
- then flip it to the other side and roast.
Leave a Reply