Lemon poha is a very tempting breakfast recipe and can be cooked in less time.For this recipe you need to choose thick Poha/Flattened rice.otherwise they will become mushy. Usually I like adding more roasted peanuts than the quantity i used in the video version given below. For every spoon of poha I take,there should be three to four peanuts at least.
You can eat poha for breakfast without any hesitation because it has no cholesterol and saturated fat.Flattened rice or poha contains iron and the lemon juice helps our body to absorb iron.Lemon poha can also be served as brunch or supper as everyone including kids like the recipe.even the picky eating children won’t refuse it.
Text version of Lemon Poha
Lemon Poha recipe-Nimmakaya atukula pulihora
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- Poha/Rice flakes/aval-250g
- mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
- cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
- chana dal-1 tablespoon
- peanuts-2 tablespoons
- curry leaves-
- red chilli-1
- ginger(chopped)-1/2 teaspoon
- green chillies-2
- salt-as required
- oil-1 tbsp
- dry roast peanuts.let them cool down and remove the skins off.
- soak poha/rice flakes/aval in water for 3 minutes and squeeze out the water.
- heat oil in a pan.add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,chana dal and let them splutter.
- when they stop spluttering add ginger,green chillies and curry leaves.
- add salt,turmeric powder and mix well.
- add poha and saute for a 2 minutes.
- squeeze a lemon and mix again.turn off the heat.
1.do not rinse Poha too much,they will become mushy.
Leave a Reply