Prawns pakoda is very quick and easy,spicy and crispy,tasty and tempting appetizer.fresh prawns are coated with chickpea flour or gram flour and deep-fried in oil.if you have any problem with chickpea flour(gastric problem) you can use corn flour instead.here in this recipe i used both the flours.
at last south-west monsoon showed some mercy on us before it’s retreat.it was a beautiful Sunday last week.a gloomy day with drizzles.i bought some prawns for the dinner.but our stomachs started growling in the evening when we sat on the porch.My husband and daughter asked me to prepare some quick snack item.so i prepaerd Prawns pakoda within 30 minutes.they were so tasty ,spicy and crispy.tastes good when served with tomato ketchup.keep cooking and….enjoy ..:)
Text version of Prawns Pakoda
- prawns – 300 grams
- chickpea flour/besan/gram flour – 1/2 cup
- corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon (optional)
- ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon – 1
- green chillies – 4
- curry leaves -2 sprigs
- oil – for deep-frying
- rinse prawns thoroughly,add turmeric powder,salt,red chilli powder,black pepper powder,ginger & garlic paste and mix well.
- add chickpea flour,corn flour,baking soda.
- squeeze a lemon.
- add very less water,mix again and keep aside.
- heat oil for deep-frying on medium flame.
- when the oil is hot drop the prawns into the oil carefully.
- fry them till they turn into nice golden color and take them on to absorbent paper.
- slice green chillies into 3/4 th lengthwise and deep fry them until soft.
- deep fry fresh curry leaves until they become crisp.
- garnish prawn pakodas with fried green chillies and curry leaves.