Konaseema Kodi Pulao Recipe with step by step instructions.
Konaseema Kodi pulao or Konaseema chicken pulao is a traditional coastal Andhra dish. On our recent visit to one popular restaurant, we ordered Konaseema Kodi vepudu (Konaseema chicken fry) for starter.the taste was amazing and unforgettable.we searched for Konaseema Kodi pulao in the Menu. But it wasn’t there.so I have decided to prepare the dish and searched on the internet for the recipe. but didn’t find anywhere. but finally! got the recipe from my aunt.
Pulao masala that’s explained below and coconut milk makes this recipe different from the normal chicken pulao. I prepared Karivepaku Kodi Kura (chicken curry with curry leaves) on the same day. the combination was outstanding. I hope you Try and enjoy the recipe…. 🙂
you may also like
Hara/Pudina Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe
Fish Dum Biryani Recipe Hyderabadi Style
Egg Biryani Recipe
Ulavacharu Chicken Biryani Recipe
Chicken Biryani Recipe Hyderabadi Style
Ajanta Kodi Pulao Recipe
Hyderabadi Style Prawns Biryani
Chicken Pot Biryani Recipe
Text version of Konaseema kodi pulao
- For Masala
- coriander seeds – 1/8 cup
- fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- cardamoms – 5
- cloves -5
- cinnamon sticks – 2
- poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- For Konaseema kodi pulao
- chicken curry cut – 350 grams
- basmati rice – 300 grams
- very thinly sliced onions – 1 big
- sliced green chilies – 3
- cashew nuts – 1/8 cup
- whole spices -(cloves,cardamom,cinnamon,star anise)
- ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- red chili powder – 1 tsp
- coconut milk – 1/4 cup
- water –
- fresh mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- soak basmati rice for half an hour.
- meanwhile, you can prepare masala for this recipe.
- after 30 minutes rinse for 2-3 times to remove the starch from the rice.
- heat up the pan, add coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon sticks, poppy seeds and dry roast them until you get a nice flavor.
- transfer the ingredients to the spice grinding jar, make into a fine powder and keep it covered until you use.
- heat up the vessel and pour oil.
- when the oil is hot, add cashew nuts, whole spices and roast them for a minute.
- add thinly sliced onions, green chilies and sauté until soft.
- put ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavor is gone.
- add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well.
- add chicken pieces, mix well, then cover it and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- open the lid, mix for once, add masala(given above) and coconut milk.
- cover it cook for 5 minutes.
- later pour 1 3/4 cups of water for each cup of rice and bring it to boil.
- when the water starts to boil, add soaked rice.the water stop to boil after adding rice.so bring it to boil again.
- when it starts to boil again, turn the heat to simmer and cook until the rice is perfectly done.
- turn off the heat and let it rest for 30 minutes.