Chicken Pot Biryani Recipe with step by step instructions.Telugu Version.
Biryani is my favorite recipe. in fact, it’s everyone’s favorite.I heard many times about Chicken Pot biryani and even I saw the pots over the counters in some Restaurants in Hyderabad.On one fine day, we decided to have that biryani.we ate that, but I didn’t find any difference between normal biryani and the pot biryani that we had.I finally recognized that they didn’t cook that biryani in the pot directly(not in all Restaurants).They cooked in the normal vessel and transferred it to the clay pot.But that was not what I want.
So I made this recipe on my own.when I was a child my grandma used to serve breakfast in banana leaf or Badam leaf which was grown in our backyard.I have no words to explain that taste. imagine very hot idlis, dosa, upma(cooked with ghee) served in Banana leaf.I like the flavor of banana leaf.That is why I covered the rice with those leaves so the rice could absorb the flavor.I never saw using coconut milk in authentic Hyderabadi biryani. So I gave it a light Andhra touch-added coconut milk.
It looks like a normal Biryani.but the flavor of clay and banana leaf makes the dish so special.This is a must eat recipe before you die.Hope you will try and enjoy the recipe and don’t forget to leave your valuable feedback in the comment section below.
you may also like
Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani Chicken Dal Pulao
Vegetable Dum Biryani Ulavacharu Chicken Biryani Recipe
Mutton Biryani Recipe Egg Dum Biryani Recipe
Konaseema Kodi Pulao Fish Dum Biryani Recipe
Ajanta Kodi Pulao Recipe Keema Pulao Recipe
Prawns Biryani Recipe Hara Chicken Biryani/Pudina chicken dum Biryani
Text version of Chicken pot biryani
- chicken(biryani cut) – 350 grams
- fried onions – 3
- semi thick yogurt – 250 ml
- coconut milk – 100 ml
- ginger garlic paste – 1 1/4 tbsp
- green chili paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- red chili powder- 2tbsp
- turmeric powder-1 tsp
- salt-2 tbsp
- biryani ka Phool(black stone flower) – 1/4 tbsp
- nutmeg – 1/8 of one nutmeg
- mace – 1/8 of one mace
- cardamoms – 5
- cloves – 6
- cinnamon sticks(1 inch ) – 3
- mint leaves – 1 cup
- boiled egg – 1
- oil-as required
- PROPERTIES REQUIRED
- Clay pot – 2 liters capacity
- banana leaf -1
- silver foil – to cover the pot
- rinse chicken thoroughly.
- add turmeric powder,red chilli powder,salt,biryani ka phool,mace,nutmeg,cardamoms,cinnamon sticks,cloves,ginger garlic paste,fried onions,lemon
- juice, green chili paste, mint leaves and mix it well.
- add semi thick yogurt, coconut milk and mix it up again.
- let the marinade rest for one hour.
- take equal amount of rice as chicken.(i.e if the quantity of chicken is 350 ml then you should take 350g of rice).
- after soaking the chicken marinade for 30 minutes, soak basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- so both the marinade and rice will be ready at a time.
- pour water in a vessel and bring to boil.
- add enough salt to the water, so the water tastes salty.
- when the water starts to boil, add soaked rice and cook for 3-4 minutes(half cook), and turn off the heat.
- strain the water from rice immediately.
- pour 4 tbsp of oil into the clay pot, first place the chicken pieces carefully at the bottom of the pot.
- next, pour the marinade over the chicken pieces.save one spoon of marinade gravy for later use.
- put the half cooked rice over the marinade in the pot.
- place boiled egg on the rice.add mint leaves, fried onions, and the saved marinade over the eggs.
- now cover the rice with two banana leaves and then with aluminum foil and place the clay lid on it.
- place the pot on the gas stove, cook on high flame for 12 minutes and 7-8 minutes on simmer.
- turn off the heat and leave it for 30 minutes.
- after 30 minutes remove the lid, foil, and leaves, transfer biryani into another bowl and serve hot.