Soya chunks Garden sorrel leaves curry almost tastes like Mutton kenaf leaves curry(Gongura mutton curry).if you are on diet and unable resist yourself from eating non-vegetarian food, then meal maker would be the best substitute.meal maker has more proteins than any non-vegetarian food. Meal maker is made from defatted soya flour.
for this recipe i soaked soya chunks only for 4 minutes. last time when i soaked them for 10 minutes,they became mushy.so i think soaking time of the soya chunks depends on the quality we use. so i suggest you to keep an eye while soaking.press them with your fingers after 3 minutes of soaking. if you still feel hard then soak for some more time.
meal maker does not have a flavour of its own but it has the tendency to absorb flavours well. you can prepare many dishes using soya chunks like soya chunks pulao, khorma,soya chunks manchurian recipe etc..
It has no cholesterol and high in proteins.100 grams of soya chunks has 54 grams of protein.it is also a rich source of calcium, iron and magnesium etc..try and enjoy…eat healthy ,live healthy…
Text version of Soya chunks garden sorrel leaves curry
- Soya chunks/Meal maker – 1 cup
- garden sorren leaves – 8 bunches
- onions chopped – 2 medium
- green chillies -2
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander/dhania powder – 1 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- cinnamon stick-1/4 inch
- cardamom – 1
- cloves -2
- salt- as needed
- oil- 3 or 4 teaspoons
- pour water in a vessel and bring it to a boil.
- turn off the heat and add Soya chunks to the boiled water.
- leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- volume of the soya chunks raises.
- then strain out the water from soya chunks and squeeze them to remove excess water.
- soaking time of the soya chunks/meal maker depends upon the variety you use.
- so keep an eye during soaking because some variety of chunks will become mushy within a minutes and some varieties need more soaking time.
- rinse sorrel leaves thoroughly and chop them.
- chop onions and green chillies and keep aside.
- heat up the pan,add oil.
- when the oil becomes hot,add cinnamon stick,cardamom,cloves,chopped onions,green chillies,salt and saute until they become translucent.
- add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw flavor is gone.
- add turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder,mix well and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- next add chopped garden sorrel leaves.
- do not mix until the leaves start to shrink.
- next mix it for once and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
the garden sorrel leaves used for this recipe are picked from the backyard of our farm house
Leave a Reply