Soya chunks Manchurian is tasty and protein rich snack item.it tastes almost like chicken manchurian.i used Nutrela soya chunks for this preparation.soaking time of soya chunks depends upon the quality.i had few bitter experiences when used loose soya chunks. they will become mushy after 2 minutes soaking.so please keep an eye while soaking.keep cooking enjoy…. 🙂
Text version of Soya Chunks Manchurian
Meal maker Manchurian – how to prepare soya chunks Manchuria
Recipe Type: Snack
- For frying and Marinating Soya Chunks
- meal maker/soya chunks- 150 grams
- hot water – 500 ml
- salt – as needed
- red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- orange-red food color – a pinch
- corn flour – 1/4 cup
- oil – for deep frying
- For preparing corn starch
- water – 350 ml
- corn flour – 1 tbsp
- For preparing Manchurian
- oil – 2 teaspoons
- chopped onion – 1 medium
- chopped green bell pepper – 1
- chopped ginger – 1 tbsp
- chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- vinegar – 1 tbsp
- dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- green chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- chopped spring onions – 1/4 cup
Boiling Soya chunks
- take 1 cupful of soya chunks and soak them in hot water for 10 minutes.
- volume doubles after soaking.
- strain out the water from soya chunks and squeeze them to remove excess water.
Marinating and frying Soya chunks
- take them into a bowl,add salt,red chilli powder,black pepper powder,ginger garlic paste,food color,corn flour and mix well.
- leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- meanwhile heat oil for deep-frying.
- when the oil is hot,drop soya chunks into oil and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- take them on to absorbant paper and keep aside.
Preparing Corn starch
- take a bowl,add corn flour.
- pour water in corn flour and keep mixing while adding water.keep aside.
- heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a skillet,add chopped onions,bell pepper,ginger,garlic,salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- add black pepper powder,red chilli powder,vinegar,dark soy sauce,green chilli sauce and sauté for a minute.
- add corn starch.(stir it for once before adding).
- cook until the gravy starts to boil , add fried soya chunks.
- mix well and cook for 10 minutes on very low heat.
- add chopped coriander leaves and spring onions and turn off the heat.
Video version of Soya Chunks Manchurian
can i use red chilly sauce instead of green chilly sauce??
Yes, Aysha….you can use…