Arbi Fry Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
This fry would be the best option if you want to make a quick recipe with Arbi/Colocasia/Chamagaddalu.For that, you need to boil the Arbi first and then marinate them with the masala and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.I didn’t add garam masala in the marination.but adding a little garam masala enhances the taste.leave 2-3 cloves in oil and saute for 5 seconds before adding the marinated colocasia.
you need to be careful while boiling the Colocasia/Arbi.They may turn mushy if you overcook them.then it’s better not to cook than using mushy Arbi.To get perfectly cooked Arbi/Colocasia you need to pressure cook them for 3 whistles.wait until half the pressure is gone and remove the whistle and allow the remaining vapor to get released.open the lid and strain out the hot water in the cooker and replace with the normal tap water.this is to prevent the Arbi/Colocasia from further cooking.And you can also remove the skins easily.cut the boiled Colocasia into round slices and marinate them.you need to fry until you get a nice grilled texture.this Arbi/Colocasia fry tastes good when served with Rasam or Sambar.I hope you try this easy recipe.
you may also like
Thotakura Pesara Pappu/Amaranthus Moong Dal Fry Recipe
Cabbage Moong Dal Fry Recipe
Beetroot green peas coconut fry Recipe
Tindora/Dondakaya Fry Andhra style Recipe
Broad Beans Fry Recipe
Mushroom Masala Fry Recipe
Aloo Fry Recipe
Bhindi Fry Recipe
Text Version of Arbi Fry Recipe
- 250 grams Arbi/Colocasia/Chamagaddalu
- Water as required
- Salt as required
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp black gram/Urad Dal
- 1 dried red chili
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 3 green chilies
- Rinse arbi very well until the water runs clear.
- Take them into a pressure pan, pour enough water and close the pan with the lid.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.wait until half the pressure is gone.
- Open the lid strain out the hot water and pour normal water.
- Peel off the skins and cut them into slices.
- In a mixing bowl, add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and mix well.
Apply the mixture properly on the boiled & sliced Arbi/Colocasia and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, Urad dal, dried red chili and fry until they stop spluttering.
- Add curry leaves, green chilies and fry until the leaves stop spluttering.
- Later, add the marinated Colocasia/Arbi and mix well.
- Stir fry on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or until they get a nice texture and later turn off the heat.
Video Version of Arbi Fry Recipe