Text version of Carrot Halwa
Carrot Halwa-Gajar ka halwa
- grated carrots – 300 grams
- khoya /mawa – 200 grams
- ghee / clarified butter – 3 tablespoons
- milk – 200 ml
- sugar – 110 grams
- cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- chopped cashew nuts – 2 teaspoons
- raisins – few
- pistachios – for garnishing
- heat up the pan,add ghee/clarified butter.
- add grated carrots and sauté for 5 minutes.
- add milk and cook for 5 minutes.
- add mawa,sugar,cardamom powder and mix well.
- keep stirring continuously until you get halwa consistency.
- it takes 30 minutes approximately.
- turn off the heat.
- place a parchment paper in a vessel and grease it.
- put halwa on to the paper and press it with spoon to get even surface.
- turn the vessel up side down on another plate.
- now cut the burfi into desired shapes.
- garnish with pistachios.
Video version of Carrot Halwa