Aloo Baingan Matar Fry Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
In India brinjal is considered as “King of vegetables” as it is widely used in all Indian cuisines. There are different varieties of brinjal.like, long purple fruit, round purple ones (which in Canada and US are called as Eggplants), long white colored, light green colored etc.
I like brinjal curry very much.especially brinjal curry with milk tastes really amazing.This type of curry is usually prepared in Andhra region.In Telugu it is called “vankaaya paalu posina kura”.for this recipe they use only long purple brinjals.When we were in Mumbai, we missed this variety brinjal very much.
In the following photos you can see my daughter in brinjal plantation at Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.which was next to my aunt’s house.
farmer sorting brinjals after harvest
he sold them to this lady
Brinjal curry with milk tastes good, only when it is hot.I don’t prefer it for lunch box.I cook them with aloo as “Aloo baingan fry”.
you may also like
ఈ recipe తెలుగు వెర్షన్ కొరకు ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
Text version of Aloo baingan Matar fry
- onions(thinly sliced)-2
- green peas(boiled)-1/4 cup
- green chillies-3/4
- ginger-1 inch piece
- coriander powder-1 tsp
- salt – to taste
- oil-5/6 tbsp
- coriander leaves-1/4 cup
- make a coarse paste of green chilies and ginger.keep it aside.
- put oil in a pan.heat it.
- add sliced onions and saute till they become soft and transparent.
- add salt, turmeric powder, chili and, ginger paste and fry till the raw flavor is gone.
- add cubed potatoes and green peas.cook them on medium flame until the potatoes are half cooked.
- add cut brinjals and mix them up.
- put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- mix it in between.and cook until all the vegetables are perfectly cooked.
- add coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
Video version of Aloo baingan Matar fry