Tomato Egg Scramble curry recipe with step by step instructions.
This is my husband’s favorite recipe.So I regularly prepare this curry.like at least once in a week.sometimes I cook with boiled eggs tomato curry.procedure is same for both the recipes except that you need to take little care while cooking tomato scrambled eggs curry.
for this recipe, you need to choose fully ripe and juicy tomatoes.not the semi-ripe hard tomatoes.and you need to cook the tomatoes until they are fully done.i.e the gravy should become thick.then you need to break the eggs into the gravy and cook until they curdle.
this recipe goes well with hot rice or Rotis.Try and Enjoy :).
you may also like
Text version of Tomato egg scramble curry
- tomatoes – 500 grams
- eggs -4
- onions(medium) – 2
- green chilies (chopped) – 2
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
- red chili powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- salt – to taste
- fenugreek leaves/methi leaves – 1 cup
- curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- ghee -1 tbsp
- oil – 5 tbsp
- heat oil in a pan.
- add chopped onions, green chilies, salt and saute them until they become soft.
- add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw flavor goes away.
- add turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well.
- add chopped tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
- add curry leaves and ghee.
- break eggs into the pan directly and wait until the eggs have set on gravy.
- do not stir the curry.just cover it cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- open the lid, sprinkle some coriander powder on eggs.cook for 2 more minutes.
- stir carefully.
- add fresh fenugreek leaves and turn off the flame.
Video version of Tomato egg scramble curry