Banana balls recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
This is a very quick and easy to prepare recipe with few ingredients and good for fussy eating children. kids would like to taste them as they almost taste like a banana cake or muffin. It is very much like the sweet paniyaram recipe.
the quantity of sugar required depends on your taste. I have added 1/3 cup of sugar. just the taste the batter and adjust the sweetness accordingly.you can also use jaggery instead of sugar.it would be more nutritious and healthy than sugar. ripe bananas should be used for this recipe.use the batter as early as possible to avoid the discoloration.i have shown the deep-frying method and shallow frying method using the paniyaram pan in the video below.both were good. though deep-fried ones didn’t absorb any oil, I would like to suggest the shallow fry method as it takes very less oil(to save oil).
these can be served as an evening snack or as brunch.top it with chocolate syrup before you serve. your kids would really love it.try and enjoy….. 🙂
you may also like
Text version of Banana balls
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup or 120 grams all-purpose flour/maida
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut powder optional
- 1/3 or 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- oil for deep-frying
- 1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- cut the bananas into slices.
- put sugar in a blender and make into powder.
- add the banana slices and make into a fine paste.
- take the banana and sugar paste into a mixing bowl.
add all-purpose flour, cardamom powder, desiccated coconut powder, baking soda, and mix well.
- heat oil for deep-frying.
- drop a lemon-sized batter into the oil each time.
- fry on medium heat until brown.flip in between.
smear some ghee in the holes of the paniyaram pan.
- put the batter in the holes and keep the pan on a low heat.
- cover and cook until the batter rises.
- flip and cook again for 2-3 minutes.