Coconut laddoo is my all time favorite. whenever I eat, I remember the days of my childhood. when I was in 3rd standard,I used to stay at my maternal grandparent’s house. My grandma used to give me some pocket money.There used to be a small shop on the way to school. me and my friends used to buy coconut laddoos, peanut laddoos and sesame seeds laddoos over there.
do not use young tender coconuts for this recipe.This recipe has less ingredients. but you need a little patience to extract coconut from the shells. and you need to peel off the brown skin. Then grate the coconut.
First break coconuts and keep them in refrigerator for an hour or two. then you can extract the shells very easily without any efforts. Next grating- cut coconut into small slices and put them in a chopper or a grinder jar and just run for few seconds(otherwise it will turn into paste).
There is also other methods of preparing coconut laddoos. you can replace jaggery with sugar but i personally suggest to use jaggery. you can also add condensed milk in cooking.but they won’t last for longer time.I hop you try this recipe..keep cooking… 🙂
Text version of Coconut laddoo
- jaggery-1 3/4 cups
- fresh coconut grated-3 cups
- cardamom powder-1/2 teaspoon
- water-1/4 cup
- ghee-1 tbsp
- take a thick bottomed kadhai, add jaggery.
- add quarter cup water and mix it well.
- bring the syrup to a boil.
- add cardamom powder.
- add grated fresh coconut and keep stirring it continuously until you get the desired consistency.
- let the mixture cool down.
- apply ghee/clarified butter to your palms.
- take equal portions of the mixture and make round shaped laddoos.
Video version of Coconut laddoo
Leave a Reply