Chicken pickle is delicious among all the non-veg pickles. I learned it from my mother. She used to serve one chicken piece with some pickle gravy. but i wanted to eat it more. If i asked her to serve more, she used to tell me that “eating too much of this pickle may increase heat levels in the body”. And that’s true.
In this recipe, i told to boil the chicken before pickling. Because, if you fry chicken directly in oil without boiling , it may become hard. It’s my personal experience. Once i skipped boiling and i felt like eating chicken stones.
In Andhra Pradesh, this pickle is served with rice.
Text version of Chicken Pickle
- boneless chicken – 250 grams
- dried red chilli powder- 80 or 90 grams
- turmeric powder-1 tsp
- salt – enough
- ginger garlic paste -1 1/2 tsp
- chicken masala (garam masala+coriander powder ) -1 1/4 teaspoons
- lemons – 3
- oil-150 ml
- rinse chicken thoroughly.
- pour some water in a pressure pan,add salt.
- water should taste salty when you taste it.
- add chicken pieces.
- pressure cook up to 3 whistles,wait until all the pressure goes away.
- open the lid and strain the water from it.
- heat oil in a pan,add boiled chicken pieces and fry until they turn into golden brown colour.
- turn off the heat.add red chilli powder,turmeric powder,salt,ginger garlic paste and chicken masala.
- mix it well.add lemon juice and let it rest for few hours.
Video version of Chicken Pickle