Chicken Tikka Pulao recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
I prepare chicken tikka very often(this is a lie). I used to get it from a restaurant very often(the truth).it must be in our dinner at least twice a week. but my husband forcefully made me take an oath that I will never get it again from outside.that’s a new year resolution.so I had to give up outside food.it’s been 2 and half months now.but last week my dearest friend Prasanthi invited us to attend her son’s Birthday party in a Hotel. that day I ate my belly full. Thanks a bunch to my dear Prasanthi.
anyway, now I have started making the tikkas on my own. I don’t like to make them in the oven. the true smoky flavor and burnt texture come when they are grilled on charcoal.but we have no option left except using that(charcoal grill) out at our farmhouse.at home, I use gas stove flame.
I took boneless thigh pieces for this preparation.30 minutes of soaking is enough for the thigh pieces. whereas the breast pieces need to be marinated for at least 2-3 hours. or it’s better to soak them overnight. thigh pieces melt in the mouth literally. you need to be little careful while making with the breast pieces. grill the pieces just for few minutes until they get a nice smoky flavor and a light burnt texture.do not overburn them. if you do so the pieces may lose the moisture and become hard to chew.
this Chicken tikka masala can also be served with naans or Rotis.for a little variation I combined it with the Pulao and the taste was really awesome. I usually don’t add turmeric powder to the pulao. but this time I added it, to give the dish a nice color which contrasts with the tikka masala. I always add roasted cardamom&fennel seeds powder to the pulao. because unlike all other masala spices these two give a subtle flavor to the dish. other garam masala spices are little pungent in flavor.
you can prepare the same dish using Paneer. I hope you try and enjoy this yummy restaurant style chicken tikka pulao recipe.
Text version of Chicken Tikka Pulao
- 300 grams boneless chicken
- salt as required
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 tsp orange-red color optional
- 300 grams basmati rice
- 1 medium onion long thinly sliced
- 2 green chilies
- salt as needed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp pulao masala
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 tsp ghee/clarified butter
- 3 tbsp oil
- 450 ml water
- whole garam masala spices
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1/3 cup diced green peppers
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 cup chopped coriander
- salt as per the taste
- take the chicken pieces into a mixing bowl.
- add salt, pepper powder, garam masala, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, squeeze half a lemon, yogurt, and mix well.
- leave the marinade for 1 hour if using thigh pieces and 2-3 hours if using the breast pieces.
- soak the rice in water for 30 minutes and wash for 2-3 times before use.
- dry roast the cardamom and fennel seeds for a minute, make them into a powder and keep aside.
- heat ghee and oil in a vessel.
- add thinly sliced onions, green chilies, salt and saute until light brown.
- add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, pulao masala and mix well.
- pour water and bring to a boil.
- when the water starts to boil, add the soaked rice and mix well.
- add fresh mint leaves.
- water stops to boil after adding the rice so bring to a boil again.
- when the rice starts to bubble, turn the heat to simmer and cook until the rice is perfectly done.
- heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- add the chicken marinade and mix well.
- cover it and cook for 7-10 minutes on medium heat.mix in between.
- take the chicken pieces into a plate and keep aside.
- add tomato paste, diced onions&green pepper, salt, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, garam masala to the gravy and mix well.
- cook until the oil oozes out.
- meanwhile, thread the chicken pieces onto a skewer and keep on flame directly rotating in all directions until they get a nice smoky flavor and slightly burnt texture.
- put the chicken pieces back into the gravy, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- combine the pulao rice and chicken tikka masala well before you serve.