Kothimeera Kodi Pulao Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
I prepared this recipe on the same day I prepared Ripe Red Chili Chicken Fry. This combination is usually seen in the menus of some restaurants in Andhra and Telangana. I have never tasted it before in any restaurants but thought to make it on my own. googled for the recipes but didn’t find anywhere. so I wrote both the recipes on my own and prepared them. they turned out really good.
By the time I finished the shooting, I was out of energy. didn’t even have enough energy to refill the fuel ~_^. So I just tasted the recipes. but I ate them in the night. I realized that the taste enhanced by evening. it tasted even too better than the morning.
you can also serve this recipe Kothimeera kodi pulao with normal chicken curry or mutton curry. but tastes better when served with Pandumirchi Chicken Fry. I hope you try and enjoy the recipe. Don’t forget to share and comment here if you try the recipe.
you may also like
Text version of Kothimeera Kodi Pulao Recipe
- 2 cups basmati rice (1 cup = 120 grams)
- Water as required
- 50 grams coriander leaves
- 2 green chilies
- ¼ cup water
- 300 grams chicken
- 2 medium onions
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ghee
- 4 to 5 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 kapok buds
- 1 mace
- 5 cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 1/8- piece nutmeg
- 1 star anise
- 3 ½ cups water (1 cup=same cup used for rice)
- ¼ mint leaves
- Soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse for 2 to3 times before cooking
- Blend coriander leaves and green chilies together into a smooth paste adding a little water and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil and 4 to5 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Put all the whole garam masala spices mentioned above in the ingredients section and sauté for a minute.
- Add green chilies, vertically sliced onions, salt and sauté until they become soft.
Put ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw flavor disappears.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is 75 Percent done.
- Open the lid and add coriander green chili paste, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour water, add mint leaves and bring to a boil. add the soaked rice once the water begins to boil.
- Water stops to boil after adding the rice.so cook high flame it starts to bubble.
- When the rice starts to bubble, turn the flame to simmer and cook until the rice is perfectly done.
Video version of Kothimeera Kodi Pulao recipe