Mutton kaju masala is a tasty restaurant style curry with rich gravy. the taste of the recipe depends on the Masala curry that we use to prepare. i have used coriander seeds,cloves,cardamoms,cinnamon,desiccated coconut,poppy seeds and cashew nuts.i have added 1 and 1/2 tbsp of red chilli powder as we like eating spicy.but you can add it according to you taste.few people like to add the masala at the beginning.but it’s better to add after the meat is 80 percent done rather than adding while it is raw.
This is for the first time i have prepared this recipe and it turned out fantastic.the video version below is the first version of this recipe.when i prepared it for the second time i thought to add few more ingredients to the masala. i have added 1/4 tsp of fennel seeds,1/4 tsp of black pepper corns,1/4 tsp of cumin seeds while preparing the masala paste and finally the taste was outstanding.
This curry goes well with biryani rice,pulao,rotis and naans.it’s my husband favorite mutton recipe now.don’t know how many days it remains his favorite! 😛 😉 . Try this recipe at your kitchen and let me know your valuable feedbacks….. 🙂
Text version of Mutton Kaju Masala
- For masala
- coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- cardamoms – 3
- cloves – 3
- cinnamon – 2 1 inch sticks
- desiccated coconut – 1 tbsp
- poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- cashew nuts – 1/4 cup
- For curry
- mutton – 550 grams
- chopped onions – 150 grams/3 medium onions
- chopped green chillies – 3
- tomato – 1 or 2
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – as needed
- red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tbsp
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- oil – 5 tbsp
- butter – 20 grams
- curry leaves – 1 sprig(optional)
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- heat up the pan,add 1 tbsp of coriander seeds,cardamoms,cloves,cinnamon and roast them for a minute.
- later add desiccated coconut,poppy seeds and roast them together for few seconds.
- transfer them into blender and bring the pan back to flame again.
- add 1/4th cup of cashew nuts and roast for a minutes.
- put them in blender and make into fine paste adding some water.
- heat 5 to 6 tbsp of oil in a pressure pan.
- add chopped onions,green chillies and fry until soft.
- add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor is gone.
- add mutton and mix well.
- cover it with lid and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- remove the lid,add turmeric powder,salt,red chilli powder and mix well.
- add chopped tomato and mix again.
- add 300 ml of water approximately,cover it with lid and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles.
- do not open the lid until the pressure goes away.
- later open the lid and keep it on flame again.
- add kaju masala paste and mix for once.
- add 20 grams of butter,mix again and cook until the oil separates from the gravy.
- add chopped coriander leaves before you turn off the heat.
Video version of Mutton Kaju Masala