Text version of Orange and coconut cake
Orange and coconut cake with chocolate frosting
Recipe Type: Dessert
- For preparing cake batter
- all-purpose flour – 2 cups
- powdered sugar – 1 cup
- baking soda – 1 tsp
- baking powder – 1tbsp
- eggs – 3
- unsalted butter – 100 grams
- orange zest – 1 tbsp
- milk – 1 cup/250 ml
- orange food color – a pinch
- tutti frutti – 1/3 cup
- For Frosting
- dark compound chocolate/dark chocolate chips – 250 grams
- grated coconut(flaky) – 150 grams
- cherries/strawberries – 6
- break a coconut in half and keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- separate the flesh from the outer shell.
- peel off the hard brown skin on the flesh.
- grate the coconut and keep aside.
- take one orange and scrape the colored outer layer of it.do not scrape the while layer.it tastes bitter.
Preparing colored milk
- take a bowl,add a pinch of lemon yellow color.
- pour 250 ml of milk in the bowl.mix well and keep aside.
Preparing the Cake batter
- take a bowl and break three eggs into it.
- beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
- take a deep bowl,add softened unsalted butter and beat slightly.
- add powdered sugar and cream them together until light and fluffy.
- add all-purpose flour,beaten eggs,milk and mix it into a smooth batter.
- add tutti frutti and mix again.
- line a round cake tin with parchment paper and dust it with flour.
- pour the cake batter into the tin.
- bake it for 35-40 minutes at 180°c or until the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- let it cool down.
- cut the cake in half horizontally and keep aside.
- take 250 grams of classic dark compound chocolate and grate it.so that it melts faster.
- take the chocolate into a sauce pan and keep it over simmering water and keep on stirring until it melts.
- spread the melted chocolate as layer on one half of the cake evenly.
- sprinkle grated coconut covering the chocolate layer.
- place the second half of the cake on it and cover it with the chocolate.
- sprinkle grated coconut covering the chocolate.
- decorate the cake with cherries/strawberries as you like.
Video version of Orange and coconut cake