Paneer dosa is one of those Dosa varieties which can be prepared very easily and also tastes great.Here in Hyderabad there are many Dosa Centres who serve variety of dosas.They serve only dosas there. Ram Bandi dosas ,The Dosa Palace and 99 varieties of dosa are very popular mobile dosa centers in Hyderabad. some of them are Open during evenings only. there is always a large crowd at those places ,especially on saturdays.
There is also another variation for this recipe.You can grate paneer instead of adding cubes. and can follow the same method which was given below. I used schezwan sauce and tomato sauce.but you can do it in different way. you can prepare paneer bhurji and use it as filling for dosa.
Text version of Paneer Dosa
- paneer – 200g
- chopped green pepper -1
- chopped spring onions – 1/2 cup
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- add chopped garlic- 2 teaspoons
- green peas-1/4 cup
- thinly sliced ginger – 1 inch
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- schezwan sauce- 2 teaspoons
- tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon
- oil-5 teaspoons
- prepare dosa batter on previous day.
- cut paneer into cubes and keep aside.
- heat up the pan, add 1 teaspoon oil.
- when the oil is hot,add paneer cubes and saute for a minute.
- add chopped garlic,sliced ginger,chopped green peppers,green peas.
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt.mix well.
- add schezwan sauce,tomato sauce and saute for a minute.
- add chopped spring onions and coriander leaves.
- turn off the heat and keep aside.
- heat the pan,take a spoonful of dosa batter and spread it on the pan making a round shape.
- pour little oil around dosa.
- roast it until the edges of the dosa starts to separate from the pan.
- add paneer filling and fold dosa.
Video version of Paneer Dosa