Sabudana Bonda recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
last week when I called my grandmother, she asked me about my latest recipe uploads.in the middle of the conversation, she told me about a recipe that I had never heard of.that is Saggubiyyam Punugulu.I knew Saggubiyyam/Sabudana Vada but never heard of this recipe.I took the notes but was not sure of the outcome.so I gave it try and it turned out really awesome.then I made them for the second time to share the recipe with you.
when I was a child, me and my friends used to buy the Punugulu from the street food vendors.we used to buy Punugulu/Bonda, Bajjilu/mirchi and sometimes Egg bonda.the vendors used to sprinkle some spice powder on the punugulu/bonda and give them with chopped onions and a lemon slice along with peanut chutney or tomato chutney.Those days were just unforgettable.
tell me! who doesn’t like Punugulu?It’s such an amazing recipe.but the only problem is nobody has time to soak, grind and prepare the batter.this recipe would definitely replace the normal urad dal/black gram Punugulu recipe.no hours of soaking and grinding are involved.tastes good even without any accompaniment.the only thing you need to keep in mind while mixing the batter is consistency.the batter should be hard enough to hold.so you shouldn’t add excess water while soaking the Tapioca/sabudana/saggubiyyam.otherwise they may absorb excess oil.by mistake, if the batter becomes runny you can adjust the consistency by adding some extra all-purpose flour.I hope you try and enjoy this recipe :).
you may also like
Text version of Sabudana Bonda
- 3/4 cup or 125 g Saggubiyyam/Sabudana
- 1/2 cup maida/all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup or 4 tbsp yogurt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- salt as required
- oil- for deep-frying
- rinse 3/4 cup of Sabudana/Saguubiyyam for once.
- take 1/3 cup of yogurt in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- add 3/4 cup of water and mix well.
- add rinsed sabudana/saggubiyyam/tapioca, mix well and soak for 30 minutes.
- take the soaked sabudana.
- add maida/all-purpose flour, desiccated coconut powder, salt, baking soda, cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, chopped ginger, coriander leaves, curry leaves, and mix well.
- if the batter is little runny then you can add little maida to bring to a proper consistency.
- heat oil for deep-frying.
- when the oil is hot, leave a lemon-sized portion of the batter into the oil carefully.
- fry on medium heat until they turn into nice golden color.
- be careful as the Sabu dana/tapioca may pop out while frying.
- repeat the process until done.
Video version of Sabudana Bonda