This Keema fry is a fusion of Andhra and Karnataka cuisines.few days back one of my YouTube subscribers asked me to post Mangalorean style chicken ghee roast recipe.that was the first time I heard about the recipe.then I tried the recipe and the taste was outstanding.
I have never heard of using tamarind in non-veg recipes except for fish and crabs until I cooked chicken ghee roast.when it came out really nice then I have decided to prepare mutton in the same way.all the ingredients that i have used are usual Andhra/Telangana style except the tamarind.and i have added dry red chilli paste instead of powder.i made it with minced goat meat/keema.the taste was excellent and this is a must try recipe…. :0)
Text version of keema fry
- chopped onions – 150 grams
- cashew nuts – 1/3 cup
- curry leaves – 5 sprigs
- tamarind – 5-7 grams
- dried red chillies – 6 or 7
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – as required
- coriander/dhania powder – 1 tsp
- garam masala – 1 tsp
- ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- oil – 5 to 6 tbsp
- cardamoms – 4
- cloves – 4
- cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- take a pressure pan,pour enough water,add whole garam masala(cardamom,cinnamon,cloves)and salt as required.
- add mutton kheema,mix well.
- cover it with lid and cook up to 5 or 6 whistles.
- wait until the pressure is gone and keep the cooked kheema aside.
- heat 2-3 tsp of oil in a frying pan,add cashew nuts and roast until they turn into light brown color.
- take them into a plate and keep aside.
- add 5 sprigs of fresh curry leaves and fry until crispy.
- add 1 tsp oil to the leftover oil in the same frying pan.
- add chopped onions and fry for 2-3 minutes and let them cool down.
- grind the onions into paste.
- take a small saucepan and pour 1 cup of water.
- add dried red chillies,tamarind and bring to boil.
- boil for 3-5 minutes and turn off the heat.let it cool down and make into paste.
- heat 3-4 tbsp of oil in a pan,add onion paste and mix well.
- put ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw flavor disappears.
- add kheema.mix well,cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- then add turmeric powder,coriander powder,salt,garam masala,mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- add roasted cashew nuts and fried crispy curry leaves and turn off the heat.
Video version of ¬†keema fry