Drumstick Tomato Curry with step by step instructions.
Drumstick tomato curry or mulakkada tomato Kura is a popular South Indian/Andhra delicacy. fresh and mature drumsticks are used for this preparation.I have added boiled eggs at the end of the recipe.but it is optional.it justs tastes amazing when eggs are added.
Drumsticks are a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and dietary fiber. they are widely used in many Indian recipes in combination with other vegetables like tomato, potatoes, cucumber and bottle gourd or with chicken, mutton, eggs and fish gravy curries.fresh and mature(not fully mature) drumsticks should be used for any preparation.I suggest not to remove or scrape the skin unless it is hard.do not use the tender ones or they will split down while mixing.hope you will try and enjoy this beautiful recipe…. 🙂
you may also like
ఈ Recipe తెలుగు వెర్షన్ కొరకు ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
Text version of Drumstick tomato curry
- 3 or 150 grams drumsticks
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 3 or 120 g medium onions chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- take water in a vessel.
- add tomatoes, keep it on the flame and bring to a boil.
- boil for 5 minutes from the boiling point.
- turn off the heat and strain out the water from the tomatoes.
- let them cool down and peel off the skins.
- chop them and keep aside.
- heat a vessel and pour 3 tbsp of oil.
- when the oil is hot, add chopped onions, green chilies, drumsticks, and salt.
- mix well and cover with a lid and cook till the onions become soft or the drumsticks turn into olive-green color.
- open the lid, mix for once.add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw flavor disappears.
- add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- add chopped tomatoes and mix gently.
- cover and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- add boiled eggs and cook 2 minutes.
- add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
Video version of Drumstick tomato curry