Chicken momos are dumplings made of minced chicken,steamed and then served with hot red chutney.This is the first time i made momos and they turned out really fantastic.as i’m a beginner i used basic method to shape momos.keep cooking ……enjoy 🙂
Text version of Cheesy Chicken momos
Chicken momos – How to prepare cheesy chicken momos
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- For dough
- all purpose flour/maida – 300 grams
- salt – 1/4 tsp
- water – enough
- For Momos filling
- minced chicken – 200 grams
- grated cheese – 50 grams
- butter – 30 grams
- chopped bell pepper – 1 tbsp
- chopped spring onion – 1 tbsp
- chopped green chilli – 1 tsp
- chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- salt – to taste
- vinegar – 1 tbsp
- red chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- For steaming
- water – enough
- oil – 1/2 tsp
- Momos basket/steamer pot
- take a mixing bowl,add 300 grams of all purpose flour,little salt and mix well.
- start mixing the dough by adding little water at a time.do not pour too much of water.
- bind it into a hard dough with just enough water just like puri dough.
- apply little oil,cover it with clean damp cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
Preparing Momos filling
- take a mixing bowl,add 200 grams of minced chicken,30 grams of butter,chopped ginger and garlic,chopped bell pepper,spring onions,coriander.
- add 1 tbsp of vinegar,red chili sauce,salt to taste,sugar,pepper powder,50 grams of grated cheese and mix it up very well.
- divide the dough into equal portions.
- flatten each ball into round shape with rolling pin.but not too thin.
- take any circular mould of atleast 10 – 12 centimeters diameter.
- cut the flattened dough into as many circular shapes as possible.
- take a wrap,put some momo filling on the centre.
- fold the wrap in half.make the edges thin while pressing with fingers.
- bring the two ends to the middle and join them by pressing.
- boil water and place the steamer pot on the boiling water.
- grease the steamer lightly with oil.
- place the momos into the steamer.
- cover and steam for 15 – 20 minutes.
serve hot with red chilli and garlic chutney
Video version of Cheesy Chicken momos
Tried it. Very nice stuffing. I tried a variant where I grilled chicken breasts and minced it. The combination of grilled chicken (lightly spices) with boiled chicken is awesome.
Just one problem, the momos didn’t turn out as soft as I would have wanted. Any suggestions?
Hi Nilesh!how are you? your version might be tastier than mine.next time i will try with grilled chicken.even i had the same problem when i tried them for first time. you need to take little care while mixing the dough.
1.do not pour excess water to mix the dough.it should be hard like Puri dough.
2.knead until the dough becomes soft and smooth.
3.apply little oil on the dough and leave for 30 minutes covered with a damp cloth.
4.wraps should not be too thin like a paper.
5.or too thick like the hard cover of a book.
6.do not over cook(steam) them.15 – 20 minutes time is enough.
try them again and you will get nice momos…… 🙂 i’m really sorry for the delay…….