To prepare Banana cake i used leftover bread and i didn’t use any flour. This is the first time i tried this recipe. and it turned outstanding.
We lived in Mumbai for 3 years. In those 3 years we had to change our food habits. we started eating sandwiches instead of regular south Indian breakfasts. my daughter used to ask me sandwich for her breakfast as all of her school friends used to bring the same. So i had to prepare them. though we moved to our home town later,she continued eating bread every day for breakfast. but we(me and my husband) don’t eat sandwiches that much.
Every week i buy one bread packet,i use 3/4th of the packet and rest of the packet goes waste. One day,I got the idea of making Banana cake with bread and gone through some blogs,i didn’t get the exact recipe. i saw bread pudding on one blog. I modified that recipe, a little and made this Banana cake. The taste was awesome and it was very spongy. Try and Enjoy….
Text version of Banana cake
- brown bread slices-10
- ripe bananas-2
- sweetened condensed milk- 100g
- powdered sugar-75 approximately
- vanilla essence-1 tsp
- baking soda-1 tsp
- baking powder-1 tsp
- butter-2 tbsp
- cut the bread slices into small pieces and keep them aside.
- mash bananas with a fork.
- take a mixing bowl, break eggs into it and whisk it for 3 minutes.
- add powdered sugar and whisk it again.
- next add sweetened condensed milk,normal milk .
- add baking soda and baking powder.
- add vanilla essence,mashed bananas and mix it again.
- add bread pieces and wait until they absorb the moisture.
- then mix it gently.add clarified butter and mix it again.
- add raisins.crease cake tin with butter and pour the cake mix into it.
- pre-heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade and set timer to 30 minutes.
- take out the tin and let it cool down.do not separate the cake from tin immediately.
- run a knife around the cake carefully to separate the it from the tin.
- turn the tin upside down.
Video version of Banana cake with bread