I prepared pumpkin cranberry cake this weekend and was good. my daughter and husband enjoyed eating pumpkin cake. before going to actual recipe you need a small preparation i.e making Pumpkin puree or you can use canned pumpkin puree.
First take a small-sized pumpkin, peel the skin off and cut it into quarters.remove the stingy fibers and save the seeds for later use as they are very nutritious. Take a thick bottomed vessel, pour water and bring to a boil. when the water starts to boil, add pumpkin quarters and boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until they become tender. run the knife into a piece, if the knife slides easily then they are ready.turn off the heat,take the pumpkin pieces out and let them cool down. Puree the pumpkin pieces.
You can also bake the pumpkin quarters in the oven for 50 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade.remove the flesh with spoon and puree it.
If you are not using the puree immediately, store it in refrigerator for future use.You can also try my other recipe Pumpkin Halwa.
Text version of Pumpkin cranberry cake
- all purpose flour-200 grams
- powdered sugar-150 grams
- unsalted butter-100 grams
- pumpkin puree -100 grams
- dried cranberries-100 grams
- baking soda-1 1/2 tbsp
- vanilla essence-1/2 teaspoon
- take a mixing bowl,add butter,powdered sugar until fluffy.
- break three eggs into the bowl and beat the mixture for two minutes.
- add vanilla essence, baking powder and mix it again.
- add pumpkin puree and mix gently with spatula.
- add all purpose flour slowly by pouring small quantity at a time and mix it gently with spatula.
- add chopped dry cranberries, mix well.
- take a non-stick loaf pan, grease it with butter and dust it with flour.
- pour the mixture into cake pan.
- put some cranberries and pumpkin seeds over the mixture.
- pre-heat oven for 180 degree centigrade. bake for 40 minutes.
- let it cool down.turn the pan upside down to separate the cake from the pan.
Video version of Pumpkin cranberry cake