Text version of Basundi
Basundi – how to make basundi recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
- whole milk – 750 ml
- cashew nuts – 30 grams
- almonds/badam – 30 grams
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- lemon yellow food color – a pinch
- chopped cashew nuts – 1 teaspoon
- chopped almonds – 1 teaspoon
- chopped pistachio – 1 teaspoon
Preparing cashew/almond paste
- soak cashew nuts and almonds in water for 1 hour.
- rinse them for 2-3 times.
- peel of the skins of almonds.
- put both cashew nuts and almonds in grinder and make into a fine paste adding some water.keep aside.
- take a thick bottomed vessel,add milk and bring it to a boil.
- boil the milk until becomes half of it’s original quantity.
- next turn the flame to simmer,add cashew nut almond paste,sugar
- cook on low flame until the milk thickens.keep stirring continously.
- turn off the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
- keep in refrigerator for few hours.
1.garnish with chopped cashewnuts,almonds and pistachios before you serve.
Video version of Basundi